Thursday, September 23, 2010

I can buy an Indian/Aboriginal or First Nations.

I am a proud First Nations person, but as a First Nations person, I feel I could buy any First Nations community or individual if the price is right. If I put $10,000. dollars cash in front of a First Nation person, especially if they are in real need of it, I can buy them, with the clear understanding that is the best deal they can get. More then 95% of First Nations people would take it, and worry about the outcomes later. That may sound harsh, but its honestly true. Now imagine British Columbia Hydro Corporation (BC Hydro) does just exactly this, but indirectly, and $10 million dollars may sound like a lot of money to a First Nations community or individual, and that is usually a one-time payment of that amount. Now imagine BC Hydro makes more then a Billion dollars in a five year time period, and that is net income after expenses. They gave the First Nations community a one-time $10 million dollar payment, and agreed to give them 2% of the over all deal, when the deal is being done on their First Nations lands, and being used in every aspect on those same lands. Question; who is making the real money. One thing I forgot, there is the understanding that they are partners and being treated like partners. The First Nations community was told this was the best deal they can get, but of course BC Hydro would disagree with these comments, and would disagree with our calculations or numbers. But honestly, in many ways this is standard business practices, so I ask again, I think I can buy any First Nations person if the price is right, and have them believe its the best deal they can get. It is time for us First Nations people to stand up and really open our eyes to the true benefits we can utilize and exercise. This is a great time to be "Indian" you just need to see it and understand it, this is a great time to be "Indian/Aboriginal or First Nations".

No comments:

Post a Comment