Tuesday, December 12, 2017

MY HUMAN RIGHT

MY HUMAN RIGHT

#HumanRightsDay  It is my Human Right to live life to the fullest, to Breath Air without inhaling toxins that slowly destroy my well-being, to Drink Water without it being polluted or dirty. The Creator gave me these Human Rights, but our Caucasian brothers of the past took this Human Right away from us.  With their greed of a better world, their riches that blinded them to the  negative long-term outcomes.  In the process they forgot the simple Human Right of other fellow Human Beings, because they also became blinded with the Power it bestowed. Unfortunately, this greed, riches and power will probably take a few lifetimes to overcome, because of its deep rooted outcomes.  I could be very angry for these simple Human Rights taken away from me, angry like so many of my fellow Indigenous People, who have the right to be angry.  I can't live life to the fullest when I am angry, because my time on Mother Earth is so short.  I will however keep fighting for what is right, fighting and changing those long-term negative outcomes, and finding positive solutions to truly create a better world, so I can live life to its fullest, the way it is meant to be lived.  Grand Chief George Manuel said keep it simple stupid, words to live by.  I choose to be a solution maker, to find ways to better our relationships, to hold the hands of my fellow Caucasian Brothers until they no longer walk blind, even if they disagree.  For the Human thing to do is keep treating my fellow Human-Beings like Human-Brings, even if it's good or bad, for that is a simple Human Right.  Let's all celebrate #HumanRightsDay   Respectfully yours Peter Leech


No comments:

Post a Comment